Facebook station not working? Read this to find out why
One of the stations that seems to be getting an awful lot of attention these days is the Facebook station. If you aren't familiar with it, users who complete Facebook Connect can hear a text to speech conversion of status updates from your Facebook Newsfeed. I've been getting some messages from users who have had trouble getting the content to play, and thought this might be a good opportunity to provide some info about how the station works and what to try if there are problems.
- Facebook only allows access to the last 24 hours worth of newsfeed content, so if you don't have any during that time your station will be empty.
- Aha automatically excludes some types of app based updates because they don't translate well to audio. We are constantly tweaking which ones we screen/allow, so if you have feedback please share at feedback[at]ahamobile[dot]com.
- If you aren't seeing any content, and neither of the above reasons is the culprit, there may be a problem with the Facebook Connect session. You can reset it by following these steps:
- Visit Manage Stations by tapping the triple hash icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Remove Facebook from your Current stations tab
- Add Facebook from Add more > Aha Stations
- You should be prompted to complete Facebook Connect again upon adding