Product Manager, Web Services
Coordinate and manage Aha’s product/feature roadmap for specific partner integrations as well as our overall web services. Set long-term feature roadmap and work with engineering to translate to specific releases. Document requirements and work with engineering and QA to ensure they are implemented correctly. This positon reports to the VP Product and has no direct reports.
Specific dutes assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the platform engineering team to define and communicate protocol changes.
- Ensure we effectively manage communications with our partners regarding product/service integration.
- Manage creation of the product feature roadmap, working with the rest of the organization to prioritize and assign features to specific releases.
- Define externally facing protocol specification for both our AhaConnect™ and SDK interfaces.
- Provide primary product and technical leadership for our partner facing web services / APIs.
- Be an expert on competitive web services and ensure our products and documentation are best in class for both mobile and automotive integration.
- Responsible for communicating requirements to the technical teams, write PRD’s and deliver a product roadmap in partnership with UE, engineering, and others in the company.
- Coordinate and manage product roadmap; Write short (1 paragraph to a few page) product requirements documents to help document key features and requirements for UE design and engineering
- Create and manage content for the Aha Partner Website, including protocol and service documentation.
- Ensure our partners can quickly and easily integrate with our platform through the availability of complete APIs and related documentation and tools.
- Track usage characteristics, performance and usage statistics for our web services and partner distribution.
- Track consumer feedback, customer care, customer satisfaction, dashboards and metrics to measure success and engagement of new and existing features and functionalities.
- Monitor product satisfaction and identify and lead key initiatives to increase it.
- Monitor and understand key site performance and operational metrics.
- BS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent exp .required; MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience, with 2 years of product management or product marketing experience with APIs / web service platforms.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical teams in partner organizations.
- Strong understand and some amount of hands on experience using web-based APIs (JSON, AJAX, SOAP, XML)
- Ability to communicate with and influence technical, product and design teams.
- Experience with developer communities strongly desired.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Palo Alto CA
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test