The Aha Platform Engineer will help to design and develop our Aha Delivery NetworkÔ. As a member of our technical team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of our server-side platform capabilities, ensuring our system scales to support delivering our service to millions of vehicles and mobile devices. You will work as part of our local engineering team to ensure we are delivering our product to consumers and partners, meeting their requirements, timeline and quality expectations.
Your specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with a lead engineer as the responsible team for key functional areas of our platform
- Develop connected services to enable our platform to interact with 3rd party content providers
- Develop core services that delivers internet-based content through our web services framework
- Work closely with the Platform Architect to assess technical design and overall technology roadmap for your respective area. Ensure we meet our scalability and performance objectives
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the organization to define protocols and overall system architecture and design
- Work with our off-shore development team on a regular basis
- Work closely with our QA lead to ensure we have appropriate test processes in place and they align with development roadmaps and release processes
- BS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, MS strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing Java applications., preferably with J2EE and Apache Tomcat
- Significant experience with Unix systems, specifically Linux
- Experience with complex software product/service delivery architectures that involve multiple components supporting large high-volume mission-critical consumer-facing Internet environments
- Experience writing web services delivered through JSON and/or SOAP APIs
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (ie. Google, Facebook, Yelp, YDN, Twitter) through server-side applications
- An ability to understand and write scripts in Perl or other scripting language.
- Some experience in performance optimization of high-volume, distributed web services
- Track record of strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in:
- Web services focused platforms
- Standards protocols and data formats including REST, JSON, and XML/SOAP
- Strong communications skills; ability to work cross functionally and with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based hosting environments is a plus.
- Experience creating and/or extending advertising platforms for web-based ad delivery or mobile ad delivery based on complex targeting algorithms.
- Experience integrating payments and/or billing platforms for web-based or mobile payment processing, especially recurring billing systems, is desired.
- Willingness to work in an office in Palo Alto CA
- Willingness to submit to a background screen